Saturday, January 8, 2011

Long Week

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, it's not because I haven't had anything to say, in fact I have about 5 posts I would like to say, it's just that I haven't had time and I'm overwhelmed with things to write about.  This week has been full of emotions.  We have had amazing moments and difficult moments.  There have been tears and laughter.  We have been all over the place!  I don't have much time now to write about it all, so I'll just list some of the stuff that happened this week and hopefully later I can expand upon it more....

-We found out on Monday that Nick has Malaria and that is why he has been sick for a little while.  He is on meds and doing much better now but still really tired!

- One of our much needed babies went home this week to a very loving Mother.  She was all smiles as she waited for us to finish everything to send him home.  This baby lived in the volunteer house for several months, and stayed in Nick and I's room for 5 weeks, so this was a very happy sad day for us!!  He is in the formula program so I will get to see him every two weeks!!

-Several of our children have been reunited this week with their families which is amazing!

- This same day we had two babies pass away, one of which stayed with me for about a week while she was sick.  Her death was very sudden and unexpected.  It's always difficult to bury your babies and even harder to watch parents say goodbye to their little ones that they love so deeply.  Please pray for their families who are greiving.  One of these babies has a twin sister, please pray for her as well.  It's difficult to go into the baby house and see her twin cause it's a constant reminder that she is no longer with us.

-This was the first time I had been back to the cemetery since baby O. (another one of my babies) was buried.  It was very difficult to see that where he was buried was overgrown in weeds, and that their was a trail on top of it from where people have been walking.

-I went back to the peds ward of the hospital twice this week to admit two of our sick babies.  This was the first time I have been back since visiting Eventz there and it was really difficult being there and thinking about how sick he was only a few months ago.  It makes me wonder why he survived when he was so much worse than some of our babies were who have passed.  Eventz being alive is a miracle!

-Several of our kids who have gone home recently returned this past week for the formula program and I was able to see them all again!  It's amazing to see that they are all doing well, gaining weight, and bonding with their parents!

-Eventz started sleeping through the night and now sleeps in his own room rather than in our room!  He is army crawling all over the place and getting into everything!  He is only a few days away from crawling like a big boy!  He now weighs over 16 lbs and talks more than ever!

-The new born twins that have been living with us since Christmas Eve are drinking well and have gained nearly 1.5 lbs each!  They will be moving out to the baby house soon and Nick and I are very excited to get a full nights sleep for the first time in a few months (unless we get a new baby that is)!

-There is a really good chance that the little girl who has been living with Nick and I for the past two months will get her passport really soon and will be able to go home to her family who have been waiting for her!  Please pray that her appointment goes well on Monday and that the one guy who has been holding up this process for months will sign the one piece of paper which will allow her to go home!!

-One of our children had a seizure this morning.

-Nick has killed 2 rats in our kitchen this week!  We think we know where they were coming in at and have since blocked the hole.  I have not seen or heard any in here for a few nights, so hopefully they are all gone (for the time being at least)!

-Amy has been gone for a few weeks and is coming in today!  We are very excited to have her back for many reasons, but especially so that I don't have to be the nurse any more cause I am not qualified for that job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment