Monday, November 29, 2010

What I'm Thankful for

I know, you all are thinking that this post is four days late, but thats only because we celebrated our Thanksgiving on Sunday instead of last Thursday, and we ran out of internet yesterday so I couldn't post it then (yes, we have a certain amount of internet and once it's gone it's gone).  All the other long term staff were gone on Thursday, so it was just Nick and I here and we were busy, but that didn't stop us from having an amazing Thanksgiving anyway!

This year I am thankful for the two guys in my life.  I have the most amazing husband who would do anything for me, and the most adorable little son!!!  I am Thankful that he has been healthy recently, is catching up developmentally, and has gained 5 lbs since coming back from the hospital a few weeks ago.  He now weighs 14 lbs!    I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to be apart of his life and watch him as he changes on an everyday basis.

We are thankful for our family, friends, and supportors around the world who pray for us daily, and support us in being here.  We couldn't do it with out you!  We are also thankful that we were called here; it's such a blessing to live and work with the Haitian people.  The children here are amazing and make me smile everyday!

Lastly, I am thankful for the amazing feast that we were able to have yesterday.  The mission that brings us our mail brought us a turkey, rolls, stuffing, pumpkin pie, etc.  We also had apple crisp, fresh watermelon, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, and more!!  We ate so much, it actually felt like Thanksgiving!  Eventz enjoyed his first Thanksgiving, but I think the turkey got to him to fast.  He feel asleep in my arms before even finishing his dinner!  He was so excited about the food!  Eventz looked adorable dressed up in his kahki pants and nice red dress shirt!

Now that Thanksgiving is officially over, we have moved on to Christmas!  Tonight we turned on some Christmas music, set up our Christmas tree, and decorated our apartment!  I never thought I would see the day when Nick and I would have a fake tree, but there really aren't any trees here we would want to bring into our house!  Nick was extremely disappointed that we couldn't find any light to put on our tree.  Eventz slept through the whole process!  When we were done we had warm chocolate chip cookies and watched a Veggietales Christmas story.

Tomorrow we are decorating the Baby House!!

No comments:

Post a Comment