Saturday, July 23, 2011

Thank You

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has been praying for my family since my Grandpa became ill with Liver cancer about two months ago.  When I found out, we were in the midst of having the largest group COTP has ever hosted here.  It was an awful time to leave, but I felt like I had to go back for a few weeks.  I found out Sunday afternoon and was on a plane by 8:00 am Monday morning.  It was very abrupt, but I'm very thankful that I was able to go when I did as he passed away earlier this week.

His diagnosis was a shock to us all as he had always been fairly healthy.  We knew he had less than a year, but were again shocked at how quickly it took over his body.

The funeral will be today, and although I'm sad I'm missing it, I don't need to be there to remember him or say goodbye.  I know him, and he could care less whether or not I was there, in a good way of course!!

Please continue to pray for our family as we continue to grieve our loss!

Thanks,

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment