Monday, March 15, 2010

Move out Fee

Nick and I have found someone to take over our lease which is a huge blessing. They are supposed to be signing for it tomorrow. When I called our property management company today to set up a time for us to sign our part of it, I was informed that I needed to bring our move out fee with us. I asked what this was and was given an amount that I thought was ridiculous. Then I found out that this was PER PERSON. I could not believe that they would charge us such a ridiculous amount.

Nick called them back to see if there is any way we could get out of it. We have some great arguing points, like the fact that we have been here for 2 years, always paid our rent on time, didn't damage the apartment, and actually found some one to rent out our apartment, not only for the 2 last months of our lease, but for the year that follows as well. Therefore, we did all of the leg work for them and actually really helped them out. We left a message with the owner, but have yet to hear back from her.

So here we are, back at ground zero trying to figure out what to do. So far everything has worked out great, so we are confident that it will in this case as well! We hate to back out because these girls really want this apartment, but we also don't want to pay this fee. Plus we are really ready to leave. Hopefully we can get this fee waved, I'll update you more when we have this all figured out.

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment