Sunday, June 13, 2010

For the last time!!!

The past couple of days have been filled with a bunch of "for the last time's."  So much has happened and there is so much I have wanted to write down so that I don't forget it later, but haven't had the time too.  Going back to Bellingham for graduation was a weird feeling.  When we left 9 days ago, I basically said goodbye to it all and it felt weird to be back.  As soon as we got to the parking lot of our apartment I knew that things were different.  All the old routines that we have had for the past few years are gone and our apartment didn't even feel like ours any more.

I'm going to rant for the next 30 seconds, sorry, feel free to skip this paragraph if you don't want to read it.  Any way, we gave the new tenants a key before we left because they had to be out of their dorm room and didn't want to haul everything home just to turn around and bring it back up 5 days later.  We cleaned out one whole room for them to put their stuff in.  When we got to the apartment, it was quite clear they had been living there for the past week.  I could tell that they had been showering and using our washer and dryer, even though we are still paying for the electricity.  One light was left on for who knows how long and they used all the toilet paper that we had left there.  It was kind of frustrating, but oh well.

We got up to Bellingham Friday night and moved the last of our stuff out Saturday morning.  The afternoon was taken up with graduation and then we drove down to Ridgefield and unloaded the trailer.  I said good by to Western and Bellingham, knowing I won't see it again for several years.  I am officially an unemployed, homeless, uninsured, college graduate, and it feels great!!

Today has been a busy day.  We had our going away/Nikki Graduated from College/Nikki's turning 21 party.  It was great to have some time to spend with our close friends and family and really get to say goodbye.  Saying goodbye to Kiara was very difficult for me, she of course is too young to understand what was going on, but I am defiantly going to miss that girl a ton.  Nick had to say good bye to his sister tonight which was difficult for him.

After our party, we went up to my Aunt and Uncles for my grandparents 50th anniversary.  I was thankful that we were here to celebrate it with them and didn't miss it!  At this I had to say goodbye to all my cousins and aunts and uncles.  It was only 7 months ago that we announced we were moving; seems weird that it's already time for us to go!

We are so excited and ready to be there!  Tomorrow is our last full day in the States!!  We'll be in Haiti before we know it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment