Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lobsters!!

Today Nick and I and two other volunteers were able to go to the beach!  It was a really pretty drive (well parts of it) and nice to see more of Haiti.  I love getting out and discovering new places here!!  The beach was amazing and we got to eat a nice lunch.  Nick decided to rent a kayak for the day (although apparently if you aren't using it for the whole time, the staff there will choose to "loan it" to someone else until you decide you want to use it again).  It was fun to take it out over the waves and get drenched.  They only had one paddle though so Nick had to do all the work.  He and Amy hit one wave that was so big it knocked them over backwards.



We were all very careful to put lots of sun screen on.  I even put some on before we left so that it would be soaked in by time we got there.  It did no good however.  We both got FRIED.  I am more burnt than I have ever been and it definitely hurts to move.  I had a towel over me for the last 2 hours or so and still got fried.  Luckily we have a ton of aloe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment